Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Today Is Family Day in Canada

...I'm serious. What in the fuck is Family Day? The government just instituted this bullshit holiday about three years ago, and no one is really sure why. So people can spend more time with their families? Let's be honest, no one wants to do that. The only good thing about this holiday for most people is the fact that they get a day off of work (I couldn't care less about that, I don't actually have a real job). When I was browsing the internet, I came across this pretty fucked up article, and it kind of relates to Family Day. Apparently, a grandmother was the surrogate mother to her daughter's son. I'll re-word that. This woman was unable to support a fetus in her uterus, so her mother stepped in and had the eggs surgically inserted into her uterus. This means that a grandmother gave birth to her grandson. That's some pretty messed up shit. Is his grandmother considered his real mother now? I'm not even sure, but something about the whole fucking situation just doesn't sit well with me. If you want to read about this yourself, check out the article at the Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/opinion/when-granny-gives-birth-to-her-grandson-theres-something-wrong/article1913695/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGlobeAndMail-National+%28The+Globe+and+Mail+-+National+News%29&utm_content=Google+International.

Anyways, I was basically just trying to say that Family Day is a bullshit holiday, but then I got carried away. Enjoy your holiday Canadians. Cheers.

Posted by: The Say Hey Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment