Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sidney Crosby admitted into Green Oaks Mental Institution

No, but seriously, I was browsing online and came across a website that has a list of Sidney Crosby's superstitions that he practices prior to a game. Here is a list of a few of them:
  • He won't call his mother on any game day because the last three times he has done this, he's been injured (the most recent being his broken foot a couple of years ago). I guess Maxime Talbot pulled a prank on him and called his mother prior to this years Winter Classic against the Caps.
  • Once he's taped his sticks up before the game, he doesn't let anyone touch them. He doesn't even like his teammates going near them. If they touch his sticks or go near them, he'll re-tape all of them.
  • When he's playing a hockey game in a road arena, he will only use his personal roll of tape. He won't even consider touching the opponents tape.
  • If the team is travelling via a bus to an away game, he will lift his feet to touch the bus windows whenever they approach railway tracks.
I'll be the first to tell you I love Sid, and I consider him the best player in the NHL, but some of these superstitions are complete bullshit. When I was 23, I had a superstition of my own prior to watching the Leafs play; and it always worked. I would usually just down a 6-pack before a game, and the team would magically play better. I remember going to sleep satisfied and not pissed off over the fact that Toskala was the worst goaltender in the league. Hopefully Steckel's hit straightened out Crosby, and he stops acting like a fucking idiot. Being superstitious is one thing, being clinically insane is another.

Sidney Crosby in Green Oaks

Posted by: The Say Hey Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment