Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

How Does it Feel to be Joe Blanton?

     I'm going to start off by qualifying myself. Joe Blanton is not a bad pitcher. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to come in here and tell you he's a good pitcher, because that would be complete bullshit and I'm not a liar. I tell it like it is. That being said, how shitty must it be to be big Joe Blanton right now? Okay, he makes millions and has a better life than me. I mean, he's playing in the MLB and I'm sitting at a computer at midnight on a Sunday night blogging about the guy, but you know what I'm getting at. He's the weak link in a pitching rotation that is absolutely stacked. You might even say he's the New York Islanders of the Atlantic Division. The Phillies pitching staff is scheduled to have a meeting later today to field questions from reporters. I think it's going to be really awkward when they have tons of questions to ask Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamels, but nothing to say to Blanton other than: "So, how are you going to prepare to be the #5 on this team?" or "Who are you? And why are you sitting near Roy and Cliff?". Blanton is an alright pitcher, and would be more effective on a team like the Jays as a #2/3 guy. I don't really have much to say other then: We're fucked, I hate the Phillies. Good for you Philadelphia, R2C2 (worst fucking nickname) rivals the Braves pitching staff of the late 90s. I'm glad Philadelphia can put out 4 teams that can make the playoffs (76ers, Flyers, Eagles, and Phillies), yet fucking Toronto can't sneak one into the playoffs. Nothing else to be said: I'm moving to Philadelphia next week. It's been nice Toronto.


Joe Blanton wheeling and dealing in the club

Posted by: The Say Hey Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment