Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

Peter Forsberg has retired from the NHL today for the 12th time. Is he fucking serious? How big of a drama queen is this guy? I can understand wanting to play in the NHL, and I can understand how one of the game's greatest players can miss playing hockey, but give me a fucking break. If people thought Brett Favre or Michael Jordan were bad, get a load of this guy. Seriously Peter, it's gotten to the point where your desire to play hockey in the NHL is more pathetic than anything. 

Let's take a look at the main page of NHL.com. The smaller headlines to the side read "Forsberg Ready For Action!", "Work Ethic Still Strong", and "Forsberg Signs With Avs!" What makes this completely bizarre is the fact that he decided to make his return to the NHL literally less than a week ago. He signed with the Avs a few days ago, and a few days later, after two underwhelming performances, he's decided to retire. Forsberg, you're 37 and essentially have an artificial ankle. You didn't even dominate in the SEL last year among inferior players. Anyone with half a brain could have told you that this would be a bad idea. I don't really know what else to say, all I know is that I'm getting sick and tired of Peter's shit. I don't really doubt that he'll attempt to make another comeback within the next couple of years (I'm aware it says he's calling it quits for good, but we've heard that 29 times before). Peter should probably just go out with some grace like teammate Joe Sakic, who had to retire due to a finger injury he sustained while snowblowing his driveway...oh wait...I said retire with grace...nevermind.

Posted by: The Say Hey Kid

2 comments: