Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Miguel Cabrera Arrested...

"Cabrera was arrested late Wednesday night in Fort Pierce, Fla., about 110 miles southeast of Lakeland. The police report, obtained and published by the Treasure Coast Newspapers, stated that around 11 p.m. ET, police spotted smoke coming out of the engine of the car Cabrera was driving. Cabrera reportedly smelled of alcohol, and his speech was slurred. The sheriff's office reported that he took a drink from a bottle of scotch he had in the car. Additional deputies were called to the scene when he was ruled uncooperative, according to the police report.

...

'Do you know who I am? You don't know anything about my problems,' Cabrera told officers, according to the report."

- MLB.com

     Well, it seems that Miguel Cabrera is having difficulties with the law again. He was arrested Wednesday night for drinking and driving. I can't really say I blame the guy for turning to alcohol after being robbed of the American League MVP award by Josh Hamilton (another MLB player who has had substance abuse problems). As you read above, Cabrera took a drink from a bottle of scotch in his car when the officer was talking to him after being pulled over, and then screamed "Do you know who I am?!" If Cabrera did this in a movie, everyone would think he was badass. Unfortunately for him, this is real life, and everyone thinks he's a jackass (Disclaimer: If you don't think he's a jackass for doing this, you, yourself, are more than likely a jackass). Now I know it's wrong to laugh at other people's misfortunes, but I can't let this one slide. Here was his mug shot hours after he was arrested and taken into custody (photo courtesy of MLB.com):


     !?!?!?! I know that if I just got arrested for a D.U.I., I would not have a fucking stupid grin on my face. This isn't your grade 7 class photo Miguel, you just got fucking arrested and you're going to be charged and suspended from the MLB without pay for a while. It's really hard to empathize with him and not just laugh at him after you see something like this. What in the fuck could he be smiling at? Is he still drunk? I don't really have a good answer for you. Cabrera always could have pulled a Peter Worrell and given the officer a false name. When Peter Worrell was pulled over for drunk driving, he told the officer his name was Andreas Lilja. Why did he do this? To this day, no one is sure. I guess he was just hoping for the best. If I was Miguel and the officer pulled me over, I would have told him my name was Johnathon Papelbon and hoped for the best. Oh, just for shits and giggles, here are photos of Peter Worrell and Andreas Lilja. Can you see the resemblance?

Peter Worrell

Andreas Lilja

 Posted by: The Say Hey Kid


No comments:

Post a Comment